Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IT IS OSCAR TIME!!!!!!


It is the most exciting time of the year. No, it is not Christmas. IT’S OSCAR TIME!! After the horrendous Golden Globes maybe some actual talent will win the Oscars. Everyone knows you have to pay the Hollywood Foreign Press to get a Golden Globe. Hollywood Foreign Press I AM ON TO YOU.

BEST PICTURE: This is really hard. So many great movies were nominated. Personally I adored The Help. Honestly, The Artist is going to win because, it is a “silent movie”. Silent movies are like watching your grandma clean her dentures, BORING. As long as The Descendents does not win, I will be able to sleep at night.

BEST ACTOR: Hands down, Brad Pitt. That guy is hot and the other nominees are not. A minor detail is Brad Pitt has talent; George Clooney just attracts all the ladies from the nursing home.

BEST ACTRESS: As much as I want Rooney Mara from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to win. Let’s just be honest Meryl Streep is going to win. She is seriously like Voldomort. Meryl Streep “kills” her competition.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Max von Sydow from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. He plays the most likable character in the movie. Who does not love Mr. Black? If you hated Mr. Black that would be like saying, “I hate Dumbledore”, NO ONE MESSES WITH DUMBLEDORE.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: OMG MELISSA MCCARTHY GOT NOMINATED FOR BRIDESMAIDS. She is incredible. If she does not win, I am going to cry. But, I think Octavia Spencer from The Help will win because, the Academy does not typically choose comedy. 

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: Seriously, Kung Fu Panda 2 was nominated???? That is an insult to the other nominees. The winner will be Chico and Rita, because the rest of the movies nominated are like watching someone sharpen a pencil for four hours.

CINEMATOGRAPHY: The Artist, the people in the movie do not talk. Obviously, the camera must be doing something right. Honestly, the crew for The Artist should get an award. Can you imagine filming a silent movie. I would probably just watch my finger nails grow.

DIRECTOR: Martin Scorsese. HOW DID STEVEN SPIELBERG NOT GET NOMINATED??? What is the world coming to?? Maybe we are going to die in 2012. Better start stocking up on Doritos.

Those are my picks for the 2012 Oscars. I cannot wait to see what Angelina Jolie is going to wear. Can I just say that if I was at the Oscars I would NOT want to sit next to Angelina Jolie. Imagine how many pictures of her kids she carries around. Plus, I would look like a homeless person sitting next to her; I swear she has had work done.

Check back on Thursday for YOU ASKED IT THURSDAY!! Lots of questions this week! Keep looking for fives. YOU ARE WELCOME.

P.S. There is a template on my facebook page of a tee-shirt for this blog! It says on the front, “ Keep Calm and Look for Fives” If you are interested in getting a shirt please let me know by the end of this week. The more people who get shirts the cheaper it will be to order them!
  
A great place to find fives is at either Panera or Starbucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment