Sunday, March 25, 2012

HELLO WORLD.

I am alive. I have been on a "Blogging Break" for the last week. After taking a break I think my creative juices are flowing.

I was originally planning on returning to blogging last Thursday. But I started The Hunger Games series. I finished the series in three days. WOAH.

I would like to take back all the comments I made a few weeks ago about The Hunger Games. Now that I have read the Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games series I can effectively review the two series.

I am now going to compare and contrast the two series and in the end I will decide which series is superior

Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games
- 7 books vs. 3 books POINT FOR HP
- Both have a wide audience POINT FOR HP AND HG
-  8 movies vs. 1 movie (I know more movies are coming) POINT FOR HP
- Dumbledore vs. Haymitch (Ahhh so hard. I love both) POINT FOR HP AND HG
- Harry Potter vs. Katniss Everdeen
Harry Potter is the stronger protagonist. Why? Because Katnisss cannot decide between two boys. Whereas Harry understands he is the uniting force of wizarding world and Katniss questions herself being the face of the revolution. POINT FOR HP
- Hermione Granger and Ron Weasly vs. Peeta Mellark and Gale....I don't know his last name.
POINT FOR HP side kicks way more interesting. More character development because MORE BOOKS.
- Harry Potter epilogue vs. Hunger Games epilogue
Both epilogues suck. I honestly think JK Rowling was in a meeting with her publishers and the publishers said, " You need a epilogue." *JK Rowling goes to bathroom for 15 minutes and writes epilogue in bathroom stall* Comes back to meeting, "Here is your epilogue"

I feel the same way about The Hunger Games epilogue. Seriously, I bought three books. I deserve a better epilogue. Three pages DOES NOT cut it. Get back to work, Suzanna Collins.

NO POINTS AWARDED.

In the end, now that I have read both series I can say with complete certainty that Harry Potter is better than The Hunger Games. Harry Potter is longer and has way more plot development THAT IS THE ONLY ARGUMENT I NEED. Do not get me wrong The Hunger Games was fantastic. I read it in three days and  I stopped communicating with the outside world while I was reading it.

On a final note, BRAVO to The Hunger Games movie. Totally stuck to the book. I would recommend reading the book before you see the movie. It is a quick read. I read the book in six hours. I need to get a life. I did not watch ANY soap operas over break because I was reading The Hunger Games. I am really disappointed with myself.

I should be back to my regular blogging schedule now that my "Blogging Break" is over.

Btw: I got a picture with these Norwegian guys over break. Total fives. You should check it out on my twitter. @BloggingBrooke

YOU ARE WELCOME.




No comments:

Post a Comment